An inescapable question.
- The Doctor has some ideas but he really has no answer.
- We know the egg was fertile.
- We know Harriett cared for the egg well. She is an experienced mother.
- The weather has been excessively wet this spring. Excessive humidity is a possible cause. Perhaps there was something wrong with the embryo and it died after development started.
- I don’t even think Harriett knows.
- No further harping on this subject.
It’s time to raise baby!
we know she did her best.
“Nature knows what is best,” said Harriett.