1. Ozzie and Harriett were born during the summer of 2008; Ozzie on the North River in Carteret County and Harriett on the Chesapeake Bay near Gloucester Va.
2. The migration south is sometimes filled with dangers such as drunken Cubans with shotguns, high voltage electrical utility poles and General Electric’s new jet engines
3. There are uncontacted people, also referred to as isolated people or lost tribes, remaining on this planet. They are communities who live by circumstance, without significant contact with globalized civilization.
4. The Doctor has a new camera. He plans to set up a web cam for you and all your friends to enjoy this spring and summer.
5. Lake Maracaibo has always been “the place to be”, especially for young osprey during their first 18 months of courtship. Ozzie and Harriet mated for life there beneath the Catatumbo lightning and love mist.
6. Nicolás Maduro is a bus driver who is now the president of Venezuela.
7. On Ozzie and Harriett’s first return to the North River, they set up home on the Red Channel Marker. It was a summer of fun……………
8. On their second return to Carteret Co. in the spring of 2012, the channel marker had disappeared. They had to live in a tree that year .
9 Ozzie is a romantic. He often speaks inappropriately and hates himself for doing so. In addition there are times when Ozzie is too philosophical. The trouble this brings is mystifying.
10. There have been rare cases where ospreys and humans have been able to communicate telepathically. There was a lot of skepticism of this at first. Fortunately the great mathematician Professor Susan Hopkins was able to explain it clearly, and now there is no doubt of this unusual phenomenon.
11. Angela was Ozzie’s first love. He met her at Lake Maracaibo just after returning to Venezuela during his first migration.